Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thankful Challenge

I am such a slacker again. I fell behind in my Thankful Challenge. I am still so thankful for a lot of things though. That will never change. So, I am on the 12th day of thanks.


On the 12th, I was thankful for “me time”. It wasn’t a whole day away by any means. I went to work, I was home for a bit, then I went to my aunts, then I went to see my parents while they bowled. After the hospital stay and both kids being sick I needed to get away. So, I was thankful that Leon stayed home with the babes and let me go. I just liked holding a conversation without a kid biting my leg, spilling something, pulling something off the table, etc.. you get my drift?

I sure do love those boys though.



I know I keep saying I am gonna blog about Logan’s hospital stay. I will. I have pictures though that tell the story a little better. So, stay tuned!

Do you ever wonder if God is testing you?

I do.

Today I saw an old man on the side of the road carrying a ton of bags. He looked lost. Tired. A little scared maybe. Do you know what I did? (I’m ashamed)

I kept going.

Why didn’t I stop?

I don’t know. Maybe because I was on my lunch break and I was in a hurry to get back to work. Maybe because it was a busy road with a shit ton of construction and I couldn’t. Maybe because I watch to much Criminal Minds. Hell, I have no clue. I just know at the very moment I made the decision to keep going I felt instantly bad. Like I should have stopped. I hope he is okay.

If God was testing me today, I failed miserably.

No comments: