Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankful Challenge, Day 4

Happy November 4th! On this 4th of my Thankful challenge I will say I am thankful for my husband. He works so hard for us. He sometimes works 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. His job isn’t some “sit at a desk and work on a computer” type of job either. He is continually on his feet, walking, working hard, getting dirty. So, thank you honey for all the hard work you do for our family.


It doesn’t seem fitting to write about my “Friday Frustrations” when I am doing this challenge of being Thankful. So instead I’ll write about something different. I wanted to share with you a “typical” day around my house. I wanted to use pictures but I don’t have the time (or patience) to hold a camera all day and snap pictures. Now I do work 3 days a week so this schedule is mostly for the days we are home. Anyways,our day goes a little something like this.

7:00-7:30 a.m.- Leon and Logan wake up. If it’s closer to 7, I go in their room and put on some Mickey Mouse and they will lay there and watch it for about a half hour.

Get up, change dipes, get some milk, destroy the living room with toys. This is when I usually sign on the computer and read Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, etc…

8:15-8:45 a.m.- Breakfast. It’s a pretty sore subject around our house right now.. food. It’s pretty much impossible to get these children to eat. Unless it’s fruit.

After breakfast, I get the boys dressed (most days it’s just in new clean jammies). I will get a shower and get dressed (most days it’s just new clean jammies). If we have something to do (like shopping, bank, etc..) this the time we go.

Play. Drive mommy crazy. Snack.

11:30-12:00- Lunch.

We read books. Play. Watch some cartoons. Destroy the house some more.

2:00 p.m.- NAP!

This is the time of day when I clean up, do laundry, catch up on some shows. On a good day, the boys will sleep 2 hours. Sometimes not though.

After nap they get up, have a snack, and are usually pretty whiney and clingy until dinner time.

5:00- Dinner. This is the worst meal. Everything usually gets thrown on the floor. Everything. I am still trying to cook dinner for Leon & I during their meal, clean up, do dishes, etc.

After dinner, the boys spend a little time with daddy before he goes to work.

At 7:00 we do baths if it’s a bath night. I do not bathe my kids every day. Not until they need it. We do baths every other day. Lotion. Jammies. Story. Milk. Also, before bed I am starting to get them in the habit of helping mommy pick up their toys and putting them in the toy box.

8:00 p.m.- BED TIME!

That’s our day. Of course, it gets tweaked a little here and there. I love being home with my guys 4 days a week.

So, what are you thankful for?

No comments: