Wednesday, August 31, 2011

My confessions..

I confess this:

I want my husband to SO BADLY be on day shift at work. I want to be a normal family. You know.. the kind where your kids get to have their mommy & daddy tuck them in at night, not just mommy 6 days a week. You know.. the kind that has dinner together as a family. Not the kind that has mommy & kids having dinner then packing daddies up for lunch at work. You know.. the kind that can sleep at night and wake up in the morning together. Not the kind that has mommy & kids wake up, daddy gets home from work then sleeps all day. Yeah.. THAT kind.

I want sometimes to be a stay at home mom. I want sometimes to be a full time employee. I'm torn.

I confess that I hate housework with a passion. So much that I haven't dusted everything in weeks. I haven't mopped the kitchen floor in GOD knows how long. Swiffer wet jet anyone? My laundry room? It's a hot mess. Clothes EVERYWHERE. On top of the dryer. In the dryer. On the floor. Hanging up. Hanging over the dresser. Everywhere. I don't always have time to keep the house in tip top shape... and when I do? I don't want to do it. I want to do other things. Other things that don't always consist of cleaning.

I confess that as much as I don't want to just "give in" and let the boys have something they aren't suppose to have.. I do. If Logan cries because he wants my cell phone, it's his. If Leon cries because he wants the remote control, he can have it. Because? I like to see my kids happy and not crying.

I confess that I have a calander of all of my favorite TV shows because I don't want to miss any. Also, we need to make sure we have them all recorded on the DVR. With all of the shows coming back in September, I need this calander. Oh, and if hubby has a show that interferes with mine? I stop his recording. I feel bad about it, but...?

I confess that I really do enjoy some of the cartoons we watch around here. They are limited though, I'll tell you. We are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Yo Gabba Gabba, The Backyardigans, Go Diego Go!, and Dora the Explorer fans over here. However, there are some things I HATE about all of these shows. Specifically? That bia, Uniquoa, from the Backyardigans. She's mean. And bossy.

I confess that I have seriously thought about getting rid of my Facebook. I post a lot. I do. BUT? Some people post WAY to much and honestly.. it's about dumb stuff. Get Twitter if you want to do that. Then follow me.

I confess that as much as I say it doesn't bother me that my "friends" no longer think to call me to the latest gathering, it does. Just because I have kids now doesn't mean I can't hang out. But when I think about it more? My kids are way cooler then most of them anyways. I know who my true friends are!

Those are my confessions for today.. I have more. What are yours?

Thanks Katie for the idea of confessions!

No comments: