Sunday, July 5, 2009

i never said i was the outdoorsy type.

Hello! So we just got back from our trip up north. We left on Friday after work, got Denise and went up there. We made really good timing too. I think we left at 3:30 and got there around 6ish. The GPS said we wouldn't arrive to 6:30, so go us! :)Anyways, the "cabin" we were supposed to stay in turned out to be a trailer thing that was WAY to small for 8 people. (Me, Leon, My mom and dad, Aunt Deb, Uncle Wayne, Hook and Denise) Granted we spent most of our time outside but still. When it came time to sleep, it was not happening! I was up at 4:00 a.m. on Saturday and 6:00 a.m. on Sunday. There were showers and restrooms right next to our site which was pretty cool but as soon as I went in there I walked right back out. They were cement, stinky, and had spiders in them. I pissed a few people off but I showered in the "cabin" and used all of the hot water! :) Okay, so on Saturday the plan was for us to canoeing. (On a six hour trip, btw) Since my cousins Heather, Damian, Gabe, Mike, Jenn, and their crews were also up there on vacay we invited them along! Which I was so happy with. Some people might know but some might not the last time I went canoeing was a disaster and I didn't really want to go this time. I decided to try to conquer my fear and try it again. In the end, I am happy I went. Here are just a few highlights:
Gabe and Ricks saved our butts a million times. (Along with the others who caught our stuff floating down the river.)
My mom and dad flipped.
Becky and Donna had to swicth parters because they kept flipping too.
Gabe and Ricks got and gave "boob shots" for beer.. and pudding shots. lol
Heather and Damian flipped.
Heather & Damian (Air Force) beat Gabe and Ricks (Marines) in their race.
And here a few lowlights of the trip:
Leon and I flipped over within the first 3 minutes.. then again when we got back in the canoe.
I have 17 million bruises on my legs.
I got sun burned.
Leon threw a can of beer to Damian, but hit Gabe in the head instead.
My tail bone still hurts.
I had to pee for 5 hours but didnt want to in the water.
There are so many more stories but I just don't feel like typing them all. All in all, it was a great weekend. I love spending time with my family. I am happy to be home though. I missed Maxi and Jasper. I'm sure they were fine with Linda (My mother in law) but I just know they are happy I am home. I look forward to sleeping in a bed tonight with "Friends" on as I fall asleep. One more thing before I leave: My dad said to me: "You are like a wig-wam and a tee-pee... to tense." I am to tense and a tee pee and wig wam is two tents. Haha. I think that is the funniest. He says that because on the river I was freaking out to much. Anyways, here a just a few pics of the trip. More on my myspace. -CL







Me
Me and Leon on the bus

Me and Heather


Our canoeing crew 09




No comments: