Friday, June 26, 2009

two more tests down..

Hey guys! So, the past few days have been a little crazy. The day after the HSG test I had to go to my regular doctor for a blood test to see if I carry the gene for Cystic Fibrosis and Muscular Dystrophy. The docs say that since my brother had MD and my cousin had CF that the chances I carry these genes are higher. Then I was left with the decision to see if I actually wanted to get tested. I mean, what will I do with the information when I get it? Anyway I was talking to a DNA person in Ann Arbor Genetics and she told me how complex the test was and that I would have to get all of my brothers test results to find out exactly what kind of MD he had and blah blah blah so I came home to think about it. I felt sick to my stomach. I couldn't make this kind of desicion on my own. I talked to Leon and we came up with a solution. We have passed on getting any of these tests. If my doctor orders them when we eventually get pregnant then we will, but for right now, we are passing. We will love our children no matter what. So, that's that. Today we had 2 appts at the fertility clinic. Leon had to get everything checked and I had to do a pelvic ultrasound. The nurse said that everything on my looks fine except on my ovaries I have a lot of small cysts instead of one large one that I am supposed to have at this time of the month- which she classified as "classic polycystic ovaries". I finally got the prescription I've been waiting for! It's called Clomid. The Clomid is supposed to trick the brain into making all of the small cysts into one big one, so I can ovulate! Of course, I won't be taking it until July but at least I have it and know that it might work. Now I know that some people have already asked and have been wondering what the chances of multiples are with this drug, so I'll tell you. The chances for twins are about 10-12% and triplets 3-4%. So, we are pretty safe there. So, I will keep you all updated on the progress of that. The only other thing thats been going on over here is on Thursday I went and picked up Leons neice to spend the night. We got a little pool and sun time in yesterday before the sun- like 5 minutes. Haha. We plan on getting some when I get home from work later though! But until the next post guys here are some pics of my oh so cute animals- Maxi and Jasper. They were tired. :) -CL













No comments: