Tuesday, June 23, 2009

hospital bracelets and gowns?

Hello guys! Well, today was the DREADED test. I have been anxious, scared and worried for the past couple weeks. And well, for nothing. This test I had was called an HSG test that was basically to see if my fallopian tubes were blocked. I'll explain the procedure in a minute. But first the events leading up.... lol. So today I made arrangements to go into work at 8:30 instead of my regular hours and get out at 1:00. Of course all morning I was anxious and felt like I had butterflies in my stomach because I didn't know what to expect. It didn't matter how many message boards, blogs, or even personal accounts I read or heard I was scared. All I could think about was how bad it was going to feel. I was told once to compare it to the endometrial biopsy, (I was tested for uterine cancer a couple months ago) And that sucker HURT! Plus it doesnt sound so appealing to know that you are going to the doctor to have a catheter put into your uterus and have iodine shot into the tube and watch it go through your fallopian tubes on an x-ray. Right? Well, thats what an HSG test it. So, after work, I came home to shower, Me and Leon went to pick up my mom (She just had to go) and went to St. Joes. Thats another scary thing, I had to go to the hospital. Not just a doctors office. Okay so the nurse came to get me and made me put on a bracelet and stuck me in a changing room. I put on my gown and sat there for like 15 minutes. I read a People magazine and listened to the clock tick. Finally they came to get me. Leon met me in the HUGE room. I mean seriously. This room was huge and there were machines everywhere. That didn't make me feel any better. I got on the table and Dr. Shammel did his thing. So heres the big news: It didn't hurt. I barely felt it. I was so relieved and happy when he was done that I had to ask. "Seriously? You're done?" And heres the best news: MY TUBES ARE CLEAR! :)
One test down, 2 more to go. Well, this week anyway. Until then. -CL

No comments: