Tuesday, June 22, 2010

12 days old!

June 10, 2010
I had a normal non-stress test. When we got to the hospital the boys would not cooperate. My blood pressure was high. I was ready and I made it known! The doctor was called and said, "Are you ready to have your babies today?!" And, of course I was. So, my mom & I called Leon and my dad and they came up. I was sent back to the recovery room at 11ish and they told me we would go back around 3:30ish. About a million nurses and doctors came back to ask questions, put in my IV, prep me, etc... I was so nervous! I was not looking forward to the epidural at all (with good reason!!). So, 3:30 comes around and of course they pushed it back a while because there was a woman that needed to go before me. Finally at like 4:30 they wheeled me back to the operating room. They didn't let Leon back until after I was completely ready. So, the anesteologist people came in and it took SEVEN times to get my epidural in!! That was horrible. I was about to give up and say just put me to sleep but I prayed to Jesus and of course they got it in! So finally at 6:00 they brought Leon in and I was feeling better. I started to get numb and started vigoursly shaking because epidural causes chills. At 6:38 P.M. Leon Keith Nitz III was born weighing 5lbs 9oz and 18 3/4 inches long. I heard his cry and immediatly fell in love! At 6:40 P.M. Logan Ray Nitz was born weighing 5lbs 11oz and was 19 inches long. They both came out screaming! We had 20 fingers, 20 toes, and beautiful babies!! There was a total of 13 nurses, doctors, etc in the operating room not including me and Leon. At 7:15 I was finally closed up and handed my babies for the first time! They wheeled us three to the recovery room where all of our family & friends came to meet the little guys! We were so blessed! Our babies didn't have to leave our side for one second (except the next day to get circumsized.) They had a little trouble at first holding up their temps but after they were under the warmer they were fine.
Later that night my new little family cuddled together in our room. We stayed in the hosptial for 3 1/2 days. The boys were discharged on Saturday but it was my decision to stay one more day because of my incision. Ever since they have been home it has definitely been a rollercoaster. I am very emotional all the time! THANK GOD for my mother who has been here almost every night to help me with the boys. Leon works midnights so he can't be here. Sometimes I stay at her house so she can be home with my dad. I just wanted to update this quickly because I don't have much time (duh!) but I will be back on here soon to update more since I am starting to finally feel better! TTYL.
Grandpa looking at his angels. Logan & Leon
Daddy with Leon & Logan

Logan & Leon

Grandparents with their babies!

Me getting ready for c-section

No comments: