Monday, May 23, 2011

The best year of my life (so far) part 1.

I can't belive that my litte boys are about to turn ONE. This past year has been the craziest BEST year of my life thus far. I never knew my heart could love someone so much. We have one from this
to this...
in just a year. (About)

I just wanna reminisce for a second. Being a mom is such a blessing & anyone with a new baby will tell you how amazing & how much they love being sleep deprived!. but a mom with TWINS will tell you.. It's HARD! lol. Yes, it's a blessing (without a shadow of a doubt) & it's amazing & I didn't mind not sleeping to an extent.. but it was the hardest thing I ever had to do in the beginning. Not only was I a first time mommy.. but I was a first time mommy to 2 babies. 2 babies that needed me to take care of them, to love them, feed them, diaper them, bathe them, and teach them!! I was scared outta my mind coming home from the hospital.
There were times in the beginning (like probably the first 3 days after we got home from the hospital...) that I didn't think I could do this. Example: About 2 A.M. both babies were up crying and needed to be changed & fed. (Leon was still off of work at this point).. I took one baby, Leon took the other and into the bedroom we went to get the changing starting. Also in the beginning for some reason the babies kept peeing through their diapers! lol.. So we had to completely change them.. sleepers and all. Afer the change & feeding, we would put them back to sleep and we would try to go to sleep. This is our sleeping arrangement.. Me on one end of the couch (with my feet propped up on a chair because they were still so swollen) and Leon on the other end of the couch. The babies slept in the pack & play in the living room. They would not go back to sleep that night. They just cried. We tried everything we could thiink of.. (after being parents for 6 days btw...) Anyways, at about 7 AM that morning I just cried. I didn't know what I was doing wrong and why my babies wouldn't stop crying. I just looked at Leon and said "Will this ever get better?!"... and it did.

It's absolutely amazing seeing a baby grow up and learn new things in front of you every single day. I am such a proud mommy because my little boys (I know I might be a little biased..lol) are per-fect. I can't thank God enough for giving me the most precious gift.. ever. 


 Oh.. Hi, Leon.
Hi, Logan.
Those are two collages I made when the babies turned 6 months old. I am working on one now for 12 months. It's gotta be perfect! It will. I just got their first year birthday pics taken. I will add those in part 2 of this post.


Some of my favorite memories over the past 12 months. (Understand that this is just SOME because if I posted every single moment I've loved over the past year this blog would be never-ending...)
- When you guys first smiled. Not just the gas smile.. the real.. I'm-so-happy-to-see-you-Mommy smile.
- Saying "Mama" & "Dada"
- Rolling over
- Crawling
- Eating solids for the first time
- Getting big boy car seats
.. the list goes on & on

I am going to post letters to my little guys soon. For now, I will end this with two of the cutest little boys ever!


Cheryl